Join Us This Summer As Our Summer Associate
Our internship program is unlike any other in the industry. That’s why we don’t even call you an intern. You’re a Summer Associate - a strategist, a creator and a storyteller.
At Kevin York Communications, a Summer Associate plays an integral role within the KYC team and on client accounts. You’ll be considered a full member of our team; yes, even working directly with clients. You’ll help us develop communication strategies; draft content; pitch journalists; perform research; manage client materials like social media calendars, media lists and event calendars; and pitch new business.
Our Summer Associates get hands-on experience working side by side with the company founder, lead strategist and creative director. You will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of communications, including strategies and tactics in public relations, social media and content marketing to assemble a comprehensive portfolio that will give you a competitive edge when applying for a full-time job in communications or marketing.
What we’re looking for:
- Enthusiasm. This is a great opportunity. You’re learning about a field you could go into someday and gaining practical experience. We want someone who shows an enthusiasm to learn.
- Organization. Multi-tasking is a part of everyday agency life, so you should be organized with your time, thoughts, ideas and tasks.
- Writing skills. Writing is a huge part of what we do, so you must be an excellent writer.
- Creativity. We’re not a traditional PR agency. We don’t want someone who’s satisfied with only handling calendars and managing media lists. Bringing ideas to the table is important.
- Entrepreneurial attitude. We’re a startup. We work with startups. We’re looking for someone who has an “I want to help build something amazing” attitude.
- Social media savviness. Social media is a part of nearly every KYC account. You should have experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+. An added bonus would be experience with newer platforms such as Snapchat, Medium, Vine or Kik.
- Research skills. A career in communications or marketing means having a strong foundation in research. What better time to start than now? We’ll help you develop your research skills, but we’ll need you to show us you have a baseline understanding, especially of online research.
Bonus points if you have any of these additional skills:
- Experience with lightweight HTML.
- Experience using website builders such as Squarespace, Weebly, Wix or Strikingly.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
Our paid Summer Associate program is 3-6 months in length and pays $12.00 per hour. Candidates must be available to work at least 15 hours per week. College students and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Candidates must live in the Boston area or San Francisco Bay Area.
To apply: Please send an email to Jobs@KevinYorkComms.com. Your email should include a link to your LinkedIn profile, information about yourself, and answers to the following questions:
- Why would you be the ideal intern for Kevin York Communications?
- How do you define communications?
- What would you consider to be your most significant comms/marketing-focused accomplishment (school projects are acceptable)? Please give a detailed overview of the accomplishment.
- What social media platform do you think is the most overlooked by marketers? How could marketers make better use of it?
About Kevin York Communications We are a nimble, creative communications agency based in Boston and the San Francisco Bay Area. Our clients come from many fields from B2B tech, consumer, lifestyle and nonprofits. But one thing they all have in common is that they are leaders in their respective fields, driven by visionaries, pioneers, and passionate entrepreneurs.