Become Our Summer Design Associate
Our internship program is unlike any other in the industry. That’s why we don’t even call you an intern. You’re a Summer Design Associate – an artist, a creator and a storyteller.
At Kevin York Communications, a Summer Design Associate plays an integral role within the KYC team and on client accounts. You’ll be considered a full member of our team, helping us create eBooks, infographics, content assets, websites and whitepapers. You’ll also work with us to create new business presentations and KYC assets.
Our Summer Design Associate will get hands-on experience working side by side with our creative director, as well as the company founder and lead strategist. You will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of working for a progressive comms agency and assemble a comprehensive portfolio that will give you a competitive edge when applying for a full-time job.
What we’re looking for:
- Design chops. While we’re not looking for perfection, an extensive portfolio or elevated sense of design, an advanced sense of color and typography is a must. You’ll also need a strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Creativity. Obviously… We’re not a traditional PR agency. We don’t want someone who is just waiting for tasks to be given to them. Bringing ideas to the table is important.
- Enthusiasm. This is a great opportunity. You’re learning about a field you could go into someday and gaining practical experience. We want someone who shows an enthusiasm to learn and grow. The ability to take constructive criticism and apply it is also important.
- Organization. Multi-tasking is a part of everyday agency life, so you should be very organized with your time and tasks, and be able to adequately formulate your thoughts and ideas in a way you can clearly share them with others.
- Entrepreneurial attitude. We’re a startup. We work with startups. We’re looking for someone who has an “I want to help build something amazing” attitude.
Bonus points if you have any of these additional skills:
- Copywriting experience.
- Experience with lightweight HTML.
- Experience using website builders such as Squarespace, Weebly, Wix or Strikingly.
Our paid Summer Associate program is 3-6 months in length and pays $15.00 per hour. Candidates must be available to work at least 15 hours per week. College students and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Candidates must live in the Boston area or San Francisco Bay Area.
To apply: Please send an email to Jobs@KevinYorkComms.com. Your email should include links to your LinkedIn profile, an online portfolio of your work, and answers to the following questions:
- Why would you be the ideal Summer Design Associate for Kevin York Communications?
- How do you define communications?
- How do you define design?
- What project would you consider to be your most significant career-focused accomplishment (school projects are acceptable) to date? Please give a detailed overview of the accomplishment.