Are You a Senior Comms Strategist? Come Join the KYC Team!
Want to be part of a fast growing company and play an integral role in that growth? KYC is looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial comms pro to join us as an account lead and strategist. This person will become a senior leader within the company and play a vital role in its overall growth.
When we look for new teammates, quality matters more than quantity. Years of experience don’t show that you have the skills, traits and attributes we’re looking for, which is why you won’t see a requirement for a certain number of years of experience anywhere in this post. The quality of your experience is what really counts in our book.
What We’re Looking For:
- Leadership - We want someone who’s capable of leading accounts and mentoring younger staff. Either you’ve done it before officially, or done it ‘unofficially’ by handling all the tasks without the fancy title.
- Strategic Thinking - We don’t default to “who should we pitch?” and neither should you. We’re looking for someone who can understand our clients’ challenges and come up with thoughtful and creative approaches to solving them -- whether through traditional media, owned content, social media, video or something really, really cool we haven’t even thought about.
- Ability to Win New Business - At this point in the life of the company, the ability for senior people to bring on new business is crucial. We want to see that you’ve done it before or have a plan for doing it with us now.
- Pitching Chops - While we emphasize a broad, integrated approach to comms, securing media is still important from time to time. Are you able to show a successful track record?
- Social Media Savviness - It’s a digital world we live in. You should understand this digital world and the tools we use to market in it.
- Writing Skills - Everything we do involves writing. You must be an excellent writer.
- Creativity - Bring ideas to the table. We’re not a traditional PR agency, so hopefully your approach to comms isn’t either.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - We’re a small but growing agency. We want someone who wants to help us grow and leave their mark on KYC (and our clients) in the process.
Bonus points if you have any of these additional skills or attributes:
- Experience with lightweight HTML
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Experience with writing email marketing copy and using email marketing platforms like MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Experience with paid social media tactics like promoted tweets or sponsored content
Job title is negotiable and will be determined based on experience. Preference will be given to candidates living in the Boston and San Francisco Bay areas.
Please send an email to Jobs@KevinYorkComms.com. Your email should include a link to your LinkedIn profile, information about yourself, and answers to the following questions:
- Why would you be an ideal leader and strategist for Kevin York Communications?
- How do you define communications?
- What would you consider to be your most significant career accomplishment? Please give a detailed overview of the accomplishment.
- Is there a piece of media coverage that you’re most proud of securing? Why and how did you go about securing it? How did you extend its reach or usefulness?
About Kevin York Communications
We are a nimble, creative communications agency based in Boston and the San Francisco Bay Area. Our clients come from many fields across the tech, consumer, lifestyle and nonprofit industries. But one thing they all have in common is that they are leaders in their respective fields, driven by visionaries, pioneers, and passionate entrepreneurs.