We’re Looking for a Stellar Intern to Join Our Growing Team
Jumpstart your communications career. Kevin York Communications is seeking an enthusiastic, self-sufficient and motivated individual to join our team as an intern starting immediately. This isn’t your typical internship -- it’s more like an apprenticeship. You will gain valuable experience in social media and content marketing from concept to execution.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Daily management of social media campaigns
- Industry and competitive research
- Content writing, publishing and distribution
- Creative brainstorming
- Providing support to 3-4 accounts, as well as new business pitches
- Tracking client and competitor content in traditional and digital media
- Contributing to team meetings, brainstorms, and participating in professional development events
What we’re looking for:
- Exceptional writing skills
- Social media savviness
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Fanatical attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for and ability to comprehend the business to business (B2B) tech industry, as many of our clients are in B2B tech
- A sense of humor!
What’s in it for you?
You will hit the ground running and get hands-on experience working with the company founder, lead strategist and creative director. Our paid Internship program pays $15.00 per hour and is 3 months in length. By the end of the program, you will have learned foundational aspects of communications based on real-world experience, not merely from filing papers. You will also get a clear understanding of communications best practices and skills that apply to B2B and consumer tech, as well as the lifestyle and nonprofit industries.
Candidates for part-time and full-time work will be given consideration, but any candidate must be available to work at least 15 hours per week. College students and recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Candidates must live in the Boston area.
Please send an email to Jobs@KevinYorkComms.com. Your email should include a link to your LinkedIn profile, information about yourself, and answers to the following questions:
- Why would you be the ideal Intern for Kevin York Communications?
- How do you define communications?
- What would you consider to be your most significant comms/marketing-focused accomplishment (school projects are acceptable)? Please give a detailed overview of the accomplishment.
- What social media platform do you think is the most overlooked by marketers? How could marketers make better use of it?